Sui

By Sui

Piet Smet

Team Dignitas signs Shiphtur and ZionSpartan

Fri 2nd May 2014 - 11:28pm Category: League of Legends

The off-season marks many roster changes in the League of Legends scene. After recent promotion matches several professional teams disbanded and their players became free agents. With such high calibre players on the market, the Team Dignitas management decided that it was best for the team to welcome some new faces and prepare for the upcoming split.

First off we would like to welcome Danny 'Shiphtur' Le to the team as our new mid laner. Earlier this split we announced the addition of Greyson 'Goldenglue' Gilmer as William 'Scarra' Li moved to a coaching role, but we feel that a player of Shiphtur's calibre will benefit the team's playstyle. Shiphtur previously played for Team Coast and he is known for having a very large champion pool. People might even remember him from his pentakill with Anivia at the Season 3 LCS Qualifiers.

Next we would like to welcome one of Shiphtur's old teammates from Team Coast, Darshan 'ZionSpartan' Upadhyaya who is taking the top lane role. This means that Cruz 'Cruzerthebruzer' Ogden will be stepping down from the main lineup and switch to a sub position. During the Spring Split ZionSpartan was single handedly responsible for making Jax a standard ban for teams who play against him, or else they would come to regret it.

With this move we are confident that our lineup can contest any other team in the NA LCS and that we can do well in the Summer Split. We would like to thank Team Coast for making the player transfer process go very smooth.

The main Team Dignitas LCS roster is:

Darshan 'ZionSpartan' Upadhyaya (Top)
Alberto 'Crumbz' Rengifo (Jungle)
Danny 'Shiphtur' Le (Mid)
Michael 'Imaqtpie' Santana (AD Carry)
Alan 'KiWiKiD' Nguyen (Support)
William 'Scarra' Li (Coach)

Update: ZionSpartan is streaming right now on twitch.tv/ZionSpartan

Darshan 'ZionSpartan' Upadhyaya: "I am pleased to announce that I am officially the new top laner for Team Dignitas! I am looking forward to committing myself fully to this team in the hopes that we will become one of the best teams in the world."

Our new mid laner Danny 'Shiphtur' Le followed with: "I'm honored to be given the opportunity to be a part of such a prestigious organization full of both familiar faces and... interesting personalities. Being on Team Dignitas, I'm confident that not only will I improve as a player but the team will become a top team in NA and hopefully a contender for worlds."

Michael 'ODEE' O'Dell, Team Dignitas Managing Director: “We are excited to sign two top class players in ZionSpartan and Shiphtur and I look forward to seeing them team up with our guys for the Summer Split. This was not an easy decision to make but I hope it shows our intent to compete at World’s in October. I would like to thank our friends at Team Coast for making this acquisition an easy process to complete and we wish Coast all the best in their efforts to regain an LCS spot. With these additions to the squad and also with Scarra in as Full time Coach we feel that we have a good chance to succeed in LCS.

Buttercuppp
    Fri 2nd May 2014 - 11:35pm

OMG WHAT? Wow, these are great news! I guess... I feel sorry for the other guys from Coast, I loved them all. Now they will probably gonna retire all :(

• Neldonar

Jaime Gavilano
    Fri 2nd May 2014 - 11:55pm

I'm actually quite happy with this! Best of luck next split!

• angelkyd

alfredo rodriguez
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 12:39am

As long as Zion brings Poppy to the LCS this summer, i'll be happy.

bobbynickles
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 12:49am

holy mother ! I'm so excited ! I can't wait for Dig playing their first game in the Summer Split. It's such an enrichment !

• sn0wfall

Nick Davis
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 1:24am

So hyped for this new squad!

Feyri
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 1:37am

Imaqtipie, you are the only one left from Rock Solid. =*( May Rock Solid always be in our thoughts. HAIL to the new Dignitas! <3

christmas4477
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 1:58am

Pretty sure Cruzer was literally the only person to play Jayce. Nice fact checking/proof reading

atamisk
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 3:25am

He was talking about spring 2013. Nice fact checking/proof reading. don't speak unless you know your shit.

Atone
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 5:29am

These are some big names, but idk how I feel about it. I thought Cruzer had good chemistry with the team and was performing well. And, of course, Scarra is the team. I'm sure these guys will perform to expectations, but it won't feel quite like Dignitas. Oh well, at least I can still raise my donger for your bot lane.

Atone
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 5:30am

Also, I like Qtpie in the center of the team photo. Looking sexy af.

• Benjles

Alexander Plant
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 6:57am

As soon as they develop team synergy there will be no stopping the new and improved Dignitas!

petergover9000
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 11:09am

so whats with goldenglue? is he still canned, is he out, or what?

suicidalpingu
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 8:07pm

Finally shiptur has a good team to be in.

Fritos121
    Sat 3rd May 2014 - 9:36pm

We are going to be BEAST in the summer split!!

ZionShiphtur