Esports Content Producer
Job Title: Esports Content Producer
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: VP of Marketing
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
About New Meta Entertainment and Dignitas New Meta Entertainment, Inc (“NME”) is a leading digital sports and entertainment company focused on the gaming industry. NME is the parent company of Dignitas Esports, LLC (“Dignitas”). Dignitas is one of the most storied and most recognized brand names in esports. Formed in 2003, the team has gone on to produce thirty-five world champions and eighteen world championships. Dignitas is the renowned esports franchise with an ownership group led by Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, which also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and NHL’s New Jersey Devils. Our other top investors are Fertitta Entertainment, owners of the Houston Rockets, and Delaware North, owners of the Boston Bruins.
New Meta Entertainment is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
NME is seeking an experienced digital content creator and social media manager to create gaming and esports focused video and graphic content. We’re looking for someone who loves video games and esports, has a track record of creating compelling social media content, and a vision for building an online community.
- Pitch, produce, and create short form gaming content for distribution across social media platforms.
- Meet deadlines and publish in a timely manner to these platforms.
- Develop a programming strategy and content calendar for this brand.
- Manage and prioritize projects autonomously, using time and resources efficiently.
- Communicate and collaborate with a team of social-savvy producers, video editors, and graphic designers.
- Leverage knowledge of gaming and social media landscapes to maximize content engagement and exposure.
- Identify engaging storylines and video clips, and then write and produce engaging pieces around them.
- Create in a fast-paced environment that is reactive to sports and culture.
- Guide creative strategy on assigned social channels, using analytics to inform and optimize our content.
Minimum Skills and Experience
- 3+ years producing highly engaged social media content
- Deep understanding of the esports and gaming landscapes.
- Experience creating viral social media video content across Snap, FB, YT, IG, and other social platforms.
- Experience in Adobe Suite of content creation tools, including Photoshop and Premier.
- Skilled in content production and executing creative projects from concept to completion.
- Strong sense of social media style geared toward a younger Millennial/Gen-Z audience.
- Able to work full time M-F. Some telecommuting okay, but the ideal candidate can work out of our Santa Monica office when necessary.
- Experience in fast-paced, tight deadline, production team work environment.
- A passion for gaming and digital/social media.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- You have a gritty and entrepreneurial attitude, and don't shy away from things you don't know.
- Willing to think against the grain and find disruptive solutions to emerging challenges.
- Previous experience working in startups preferred.
- Required travel would be rare (<5% time). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position generally requires that work be performed from the Dignitas Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
APPLY: Email your resume to [email protected] and include "Esports Content Producer" in the subject line.