Director of Marketing
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: VP of Marketing
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
About New Meta Entertainment and Dignitas New Meta Entertainment, Inc (“NME”) is a leading digital sports and entertainment company focused on the gaming industry. NME is the parent company of Dignitas Esports, LLC (“Dignitas”). Dignitas is one of the most storied and most recognized brand names in esports. Formed in 2003, the team has gone on to produce thirty-five world champions and eighteen world championships. Dignitas is the renowned esports franchise with an ownership group led by Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, which also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and NHL’s New Jersey Devils. Our other top investors are Fertitta Entertainment, owners of the Houston Rockets, and Delaware North, owners of the Boston Bruins.
New Meta Entertainment is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Director of Marketing is ultimately responsible for all of New Meta Entertainment’s marketing efforts, both digital and in-person. The Director must develop and implement a solutions-oriented approach to marketing strategy that will lead to an increase in fan acquisition and deepen existing fans’ connection to the organization and its players. Additional duties will include overseeing the creation of weekly or monthly marketing reports. They will work closely with the activation team, sales team, team operations, and other staff as needed.
The candidate selected into this key role will have a proven track record in building successful brands. They already have an established reputation and track record of success, gained with any combination of major brands, teams or agencies and are now looking to further enhance their reputation with one of the leading gaming and entertainment companies in the world.
- Develop the vision, goals and implementation strategy for the brand and associated marketing and events
- Responsible for project and event-based P&L
- Ability to develop and deliver new tools, models and KPIs (including research and data tools) to focus, drive and monitor a fanbase
- Conceptualize and execute in-person marketing events including fan meets, event tailgates (including LCS tailgates), watch parties and other physical activations (when it is considered safe to do so)
- Determine our brand’s story; collaborate with our VP of Talent to develop a narrative for each of our teams and creators and leverage that narrative across our various digital and in-person marketing channels
- Build effective single and multi-year marketing campaigns, with success metrics and KPIs
- Oversee Social Media team to ensure execution of content meets broader marketing strategy and KPIs
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field
- World class marketer with 5+ years of marketing and/or social media management experience
- Intimate knowledge of the esports industry is preferred but not essential
- Proven success interpreting social media analytics to inform marketing strategy
- Strong leadership, commercial, organizational, project management and analytical skills
- High energy, excellent communicator, engaging, entrepreneurial and has a roll-up-sleeves mentality
- Extremely creative, with the ability to conceptualize new, high-engaging ideas to broaden and deepen our fanbase
- Work closely with Senior-level executive and management; must also be able to work independently
- No travel required during Pandemic. As COVID-19 clears up, the Director will travel as necessary to participate in marketing promotions for the team (<5% time). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- This position generally requires that work be performed from the Dignitas Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary to commensurate with experience
- Multiple health, dental & vision insurance plans to choose from with generous company subsidy
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, and Long-term Disability policies
- 401(k) match program
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Over 10 company paid holidays a year
APPLY: Email your resume to [email protected] and include "Director of Marketing" in the subject line.